A NeuroMat project group to simulate cortical networks using stochastic models
During the last NeuroMat workshop, PI Antonio Carlos Roque presented a project to simulate neuronal behaviors associated to the Galves-Löcherbach model. Computational simulation could provide insights on brain dynamics, especially with working with very large sample sizes.
Last NeuroMat scientific publications
- E. Pechersky, G. Via, A. Yambartsev. "Stochastic Ising model with plastic interactions." arXiv preprint arXiv:1607.06133 (2016)
- W. A. F. de Carvalho, S. Gallo and N. L. Garcia. "Continuity properties of a factor of Markov chains." Journal of Applied Probability 53.1 (2016): 216-230.
- J. Baron et al. "Contrast response functions in the visual wulst of the alert burrowing owl: a single-unit study." Journal of Neurophysiology 116.4 (2016): 1765-1784.
NeuroMat in the media
NeuroMat Facebook Highlights
NeuroMat Blog Highlights
- Equipe de difusão científica do CEPID NeuroMat traduz todos os vídeos da série Wikipédia na Educação
- Lei dos Grandes Números é eleito verbete de destaque na Wikipédia
- NeuroMat irá apresentar artigo no IX Simpósio Nacional ABCiber
- Vídeo: A chave para um programa educacional bem sucedido na Wikipédia
Upcoming lectures of NeuroMat Parkinson Network (AMPARO)
Monday, 26th December 2016. Lecturer: Maria Elisa Pimentel Piemonte, NeuroMat and University of São Paulo. (Exceptionally this lecture will not be live.)
NeuroMat is a research center established in 2013 at the University of São Paulo that is dedicated to integrating mathematical modeling and theoretical neuroscience. Among the core missions of NeuroMat are the creation of a new mathematical system to understanding neural data and the development of neuroscientific open-source computational tools. The research center is headed by Prof. Antonio Galves, from USP's Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, and is funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
To receive monthly updates on NeuroMat's work or pertaining news, please subscribe to NeuroMat's newsletter: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/newsletter/subscriptions
For more information or press inquiries on NeuroMat, please contact us at: email@example.com
NeuroMat's website: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/neuromathematics. On this FB page we post updates on Neuromathematics, related news, forthcoming events and other pertaining information.
Previous issues of the NeuroMat Newsletter (features)
- Integrating research, technology transfer and dissemination: NeuroMat’s third report of activities
- NeuroMat Parkinson Network: a video presentation
- A NeuroMat network to empower persons with Parkinson's disease in shaping therapeutic strategies
- Video: Neuroscience Experiments System (NES)
See all editions here