NeuroMat initiative to address research and education on brachial plexus injuries
The Research, Innovation and Dissemination Center for Neuromathematics (RIDC NeuroMat) will soon launch a multidisciplinary initiative focusing on brachial plexus injuries. This initiative will become a go-to reference for patients, patients’ relatives, health professionals, researchers and educators who are interested in this kind of injury, that has been in the rise in Brazil, especially associated to an increasing number of motorcycle riders and accidents. Leading figures in this initiative are the NeuroMat scientific director, Antonio Galves, and NeuroMat PI, Claudia Domingues Vargas.
Last NeuroMat scientific publications
- Y. Kohayakawa et al. On the Number of B h-Sets. Combinatorics, Probability and Computing (2016), 25(01), 108-129.
- M. Copelli et al. Diversity improves performance in excitable networks. PeerJ 4 (2016): e1912.
NeuroMat in the media
NeuroMat Facebook Highlights
NeuroMat Blog Highlights
- Jornalista do Núcleo de Divulgação Científica da USP, Tabita Said fala sobre o jornalismo científico no país
- Processo de construção do portal de Probabilidade e Estatística na Wikipédia
- CEPID NeuroMat cria nova versão da página Projeto Wikipédia Falada
- Conteúdos melhorados pelo CEPID NeuroMat são eleitos verbetes de destaque na Wikipédia
NeuroMat is a research center established in 2013 at the University of São Paulo that is dedicated to integrating mathematical modeling and theoretical neuroscience. Among the core missions of NeuroMat are the creation of a new mathematical system to understanding neural data and the development of neuroscientific open-source computational tools. The research center is headed by Prof. Antonio Galves, from USP's Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, and is funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
To receive monthly updates on NeuroMat's work or pertaining news, please subscribe to NeuroMat's newsletter: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/newsletter/subscriptions
For more information or press inquiries on NeuroMat, please contact us at: firstname.lastname@example.org
NeuroMat's website: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/neuromathematics. On this FB page we post updates on Neuromathematics, related news, forthcoming events and other pertaining information.
Previous issues of the NeuroMat Newsletter (features)
See all editions here