In praise of Ernesto Hamburger, NeuroMat’s first dissemination team leader
The RIDC NeuroMat, with support from USP's Physics Institute and FAPESP, held the roundtable "Challenges of Scientific Dissemination: In praise of Ernesto Hamburger", one June 9. Prof. Hamburger was NeuroMat's first dissemination team leader. Current dissemination team leader in the RIDC, Fernando Paixão introduced Prof. Hamburger's contribution and the roundtable and the transcript of this talk was translated into English.
Last NeuroMat scientific publications
- Roberto Imbuzeiro Oliveira. The lower tail of random quadratic forms, with applications to ordinary least squares and restricted eigenvalue properties. arXiv:1312.2903 (2013).
- Sidarta Ribeiro et al. Synaptic Homeostasis and Restructuring across the Sleep-Wake Cycle. PLoS Comput Biol 11.5 (2015).
NeuroMat in the media
- Experiment sheds new light to learning processes. Tabita Said, Jornal da USP, 6/6/2016. (In Portuguese).
- During the Wikipedia Year of Science, a center at USP improves entries on brain theory. Tabita Said, Jornal da USP, 5/30/2016. (In Portuguese).
- Neuromathematics Research Center works with Wikipedia to boost science diffusion. Diego Freire, Agência FAPESP, 5/25/2016.
- Positions for Postdoctoral Researchers
- Opening for photo or audiovisual scientific journalism scholarship (in Portuguese)
NeuroMat Facebook Highlights
NeuroMat Blog Highlights
- Avançando a teoria do cérebro com simplicidade matemática e plausibilidade biológica
- Fotos da mesa-redonda sobre desafios da difusão científica homenageou o físico Ernesto Hamburger
- O que a fronteira da ciência tem a ver com a Wikipédia
- A Wikipédia como fonte confiável para a saúde
NeuroMat is a research center established in 2013 at the University of São Paulo that is dedicated to integrating mathematical modeling and theoretical neuroscience. Among the core missions of NeuroMat are the creation of a new mathematical system to understanding neural data and the development of neuroscientific open-source computational tools. The research center is headed by Prof. Antonio Galves, from USP's Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, and is funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
To receive monthly updates on NeuroMat's work or pertaining news, please subscribe to NeuroMat's newsletter: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/newsletter/subscriptions
For more information or press inquiries on NeuroMat, please contact us at: email@example.com
NeuroMat's website: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/neuromathematics. On this FB page we post updates on Neuromathematics, related news, forthcoming events and other pertaining information.
Previous issues of the NeuroMat Newsletter (features)
- Moving brain theory along mathematical simplicity and biological plausibility
- NeuroMat to organize a roundtable on challenges of scientific dissemination in praise of physicist Ernesto Hamburger
- A mathematical framework for neuroscience: NeuroMat hosts event of large international brain initiatives
- High-Performance Computing, Stochastic Modeling and Databases in Neuroscience (workshop)
- NeuroMat’s web-2.0 dissemination: towards an integrated wiki strategy
See all editions here