A NeuroMat network to empower persons with Parkinson's disease in shaping therapeutic strategies
The RIDC NeuroMat has launched a NeuroMat Parkinson Network, called AMPARO, that strives for consolidating an active community of persons with Parkinson's disease to engage in a process to improve the understanding of this disease in Brazil. The initial goal is to get a better sense of immediate, common challenges and doubts persons with Parkinson's disease and relatives have and to work on formulating meaningful orientations to these challenges and doubts. This network is coordinated by the NeuroMat dissemination and technology-transfer, especially Prof. Maria Elisa Pimentel Piemonte.
Video: Neuroscience Experiments System (NES)
At the 2016 INCF Neuroinformatics conference, held at the University of Reading, UK, Kelly Braghetto, NeuroMat researcher and University of São Paulo professor, presented the demo "NES: a free software to manage data from neuroscience experiments".
Last NeuroMat scientific publications
- Claudia D. Vargas et al. Observing grasping actions directed to emotion-laden objects: effects upon corticospinal excitability. Frontiers in Human Neuroscience 10 (2016).
- Sandro Gallo & Daniel Y. Takahashi. Attractive regular stochastic chains: perfect simulation and phase transition. Ergodic Theory and Dynamical Systems 34.05 (2014): 1567-1586.
- Yoshiharu Kohayakawa et al. An improved upper bound on the density of universal random graphs. Random Structures & Algorithms, 46(2), 274-299.
NeuroMat in the media
- With assistance from NeuroMat the Museum of Veterinary Anatomy adheres to open scientific dissemination. Roberta Minhoto, CFMV Sala de Imprensa, 9/22/2016. (In Portuguese.)
NeuroMat Facebook Highlights
NeuroMat Blog Highlights
- Por que você deveria estar prestando atenção ao Wikidata e ao GLAM
- NeuroMat apresenta trabalhos no Intercom 2016
- Seria o jornalismo participativo uma alternativa para uma mídia mais plural?
- NeuroMat realiza nova maratona de edição de verbetes da Wikipédia com estudantes de Medicina Veterinária da USP
NeuroMat is a research center established in 2013 at the University of São Paulo that is dedicated to integrating mathematical modeling and theoretical neuroscience. Among the core missions of NeuroMat are the creation of a new mathematical system to understanding neural data and the development of neuroscientific open-source computational tools. The research center is headed by Prof. Antonio Galves, from USP's Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, and is funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
To receive monthly updates on NeuroMat's work or pertaining news, please subscribe to NeuroMat's newsletter: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/newsletter/subscriptions
For more information or press inquiries on NeuroMat, please contact us at: email@example.com
NeuroMat's website: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/neuromathematics. On this FB page we post updates on Neuromathematics, related news, forthcoming events and other pertaining information.
Previous issues of the NeuroMat Newsletter (features)
- A brain soccer derby: a NeuroMat story by Antonio Galves
- NIRA - NeuroMat Individual Report of Activities
- New functionalities to store neuroscience data and metadata in NeuroMat’s freely-shared computational tool
See all editions here