Integrating research, technology transfer and dissemination: NeuroMat’s third report of activities
When the São Paulo Research Foundation established the structure of the Research, Innovation and Dissemination Centers it stated clearly that the most important feature of RIDCs was the multiplicity of their missions, a cornerstone for attaining the status of “a world class research center.” Each RIDC must have a specific, high-impact research focus, and this research focus must be necessarily integrated with technology-transfer and scientific dissemination explicit missions. FAPESP's RIDC for Neuromathematics (NeuroMat), that was established in 2013 and is coordinated by mathematician Antonio Galves, reports its third year of activities by emphasizing how the major scientific challenge of building a conceptual framework for neuroscience data informs technology transfer and scientific dissemination.
NeuroMat Parkinson Network: a video presentation
Aiming at improving the life quality of people with Parkinson's Disease, the Research, Innovation and Dissemination Center for Neuromathematics (RIDC NeuroMat) has created the network Amparo. It brings together people with the disease, relatives, helpers, students and professionals to establish a flow of exchange to better the understanding of this disease in Brazil and especially connecting knowledge from the frontier of science to health policies and clinical guidelines. (In Portuguese.)
Last NeuroMat scientific publications
- A. Duarte, R. Fraiman, A. Galves, G. Ost, C. Vargas. Retrieving a context tree from EEG data. arXiv:1602.00579 (2016).
- N. B. Mota, M. Copelli, S. Ribeiro. Computational Tracking of Mental Health in Youth: Latin American Contributions to a Low‐Cost and Effective Solution for Early Psychiatric Diagnosis. New directions for child and adolescent development, 2016(152), 59-69.
- S. Ribeiro et al. Machine Learning Algorithms for Automatic Classification of Marmoset Vocalizations. PloS one, 11(9), 2016.
NeuroMat in the media
- NeuroMat spreads the frontier of science through Wikipedia. Ana Beatriz Rosa, Huffington Post Brasil, 10/21/2016. (In Portuguese.)
- Amparo network to engage people with Parkinson. Fernanda Giacomassi, Agência Universitária de Notícias, 9/28/2016. (In Portuguese.)
- Positions for Postdoctoral Researchers
- Opening for Game Architecture and Development Scholarship
- Opening for Web-based and mobile application design Scholarship
NeuroMat Facebook Highlights
NeuroMat Blog Highlights
- NeuroMat prepara vídeo-homenagem a Ernst Hamburger
- Especialistas da USP revisam verbete Lei dos Grandes Números da Wikipédia
- Lei dos Grandes Números: uma representação visual
- Pesquisador estuda as contribuições do NeuroMat para a ciência aberta
Upcoming lectures of NeuroMat Parkinson Network (AMPARO)
Monday, 28th November 2016. Lecturer: Giovana Diaferia, Associação Brasil Parkinson (ABP) and Universidade Federal de São Paulo (UNIFESP).
- 3:30 p.m. (Brasília time zone): Como falar ao telefone e ser compreendido?
- 5:00 p.m. (Brasília time zone): Alterações de fala em uma pessoa jovem com Doença de Parkinson, tratada com Deep Brain Stimulation.
NeuroMat is a research center established in 2013 at the University of São Paulo that is dedicated to integrating mathematical modeling and theoretical neuroscience. Among the core missions of NeuroMat are the creation of a new mathematical system to understanding neural data and the development of neuroscientific open-source computational tools. The research center is headed by Prof. Antonio Galves, from USP's Institute of Mathematics and Statistics, and is funded by the São Paulo Research Foundation (FAPESP).
To receive monthly updates on NeuroMat's work or pertaining news, please subscribe to NeuroMat's newsletter: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/newsletter/subscriptions
For more information or press inquiries on NeuroMat, please contact us at: email@example.com
NeuroMat's website: neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br
Like us on Facebook: www.facebook.com/neuromathematics. On this FB page we post updates on Neuromathematics, related news, forthcoming events and other pertaining information.
Previous issues of the NeuroMat Newsletter (features)
- A NeuroMat network to empower persons with Parkinson's disease in shaping therapeutic strategies
- Video: Neuroscience Experiments System (NES)
- A brain soccer derby: a NeuroMat story by Antonio Galves
- NIRA - NeuroMat Individual Report of Activities
- New functionalities to store neuroscience data and metadata in NeuroMat’s freely-shared computational tool
See all editions here