The recently established Research, Innovation and Dissemination Center for Neuromathematics (NeuroMat), hosted by the University of São Paulo, Brazil, and funded by FAPESP (São Paulo Research Foundation), is offering several postdoctoral fellowships for recent PhDs with outstanding research potential.
We seek candidates fitting one of the profiles below (or a combination):
- Researchers with a strong background in probability theory with emphasis on stochastic processes or alternatively in statistics with emphasis on statistical model selection. Previous knowledge of rigorous statistical mechanics, random graphs or stochastic modeling in biosciences will be favorably considered.
- Researchers with a solid background in systems neuroscience, programming skills, experience of imaging and/or EEG acquisition and analysis and strong interest in interdisciplinary research.
- Researchers with strong background in computer science, interested in developing algorithms, software tools or databases in close connection with the several research teams of NeuroMat.
The initial appointment is for two years, with a possible extension to up to four years, conditional on research progress. Salary is competitive at international level (BRL 6.143,40) and fellows benefit from extra funds for travel and research expenses, plus limited support for relocation expenses.
Applicants should complete and submit the application form at neuromat.numec.prp.usp.br/postdoc-form. The following documents and information are requested (please see the form for further details):
- Summary of the CV. Please follow the FAPESP format; see www.fapesp.br/en/6351 for instructions.
- List of publications, with links if available online
- A summary of your research plan of up to 5 pages for the next 2 years. It should explicitly address its place in the framework of the NeuroMat mission and research program.
- Pointers to other research related output, such as software, web pages, and so forth. Candidates should be willing to send copies of publications, if requested.
- Any further information deemed relevant to the application.
In addition to the above, we require at least 2 recommendation letters. Those should be mailed by the recommenders directly to email@example.com.
Appointments are expected to be effective within 2 to 6 months after the evaluation date.
Successful candidates will be requested to expand their five-page research plan to full two-year research proposals. For the implementation of the fellowships, those proposals, together with all the application material received, will be submitted to FAPESP for final approval.